Cartooning for Peace co-organizes the 2nd edition of The Herault Trait Libre festival!
This second edition, organized by Languedoc-Roussillon Press Club, the Herault General Council and Cartooning for Peace was all about women.
On the agenda :
- “Elles vident leur sac !” (“They get the stuff out of the bag!”) : a big exhibition made of 200 cartoons from 50 countries and presented until July, 26th, 2014 in Pierrevives. A unique testimony about the situation of the rights of women in press cartoons world.
- 19 cartoonists were present during all the festival
- Conferences :
- “We want media equality !” with Virginie Herz (France 24), Agnès Soubiran (France Info), Sylvie Braibant (TV5 Monde), Liliane Roudière (Causette), Marie Leroy
- “Dessin de presse : peut-on rire avec les machos ?” (“Press cartoons: is it possible to laugh with with macho men?”), with French Minister for women’s rights, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem
- A show by the humorist Constance, meetings with schools, a masterclass, signing sessions…
With Camille Besse, Tignous, Plantu, Aurel, Gros, Wingz, Revenu, Man, Hours (France), Willis from Tunis (Tunisia), Rayma Suprani (Venezuela), Liza Donnelly (USA), Michel Kichka (Israel), Nicolas Vadot (Belgium), Kamilla Wichmann (Denmark) and Cathy Wilcox (Australia).